Happy Monday Everyone!!!!
Yesterday we hosted Sunday Dinner, a family tradition for us, and being the meat lover that he is, my husband requested that we BBQ Ribs. Naturally, potato salad made it to the menu.
This is one of my favorite Potato Salad recipes. Probably because first it is really simple and secondly it is absolutely delicious. Being German I’ve always loved German potato salad but I find that it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. So when serving large groups I tend to stick with a homestyle recipe, plus honestly I think that traditional potato salad pairs better with ribs, just my opinion.
I found this recipe on “Favorite Family Recipes” by Erica, Echo & Emily. I’ve made it multiple times and it always turns out great and is a real crowd pleaser. ENJOY!!!
- 5 medium potatoes (red potatoes taste the best)
- 8 eggs, hard-boiled (save 2 eggs to use for garnish on salad)
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ c. Mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
- ½ c. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- mustard, to taste
- ½ c. sweet pickle relish (or 5 to 6 diced baby dill pickles, if you don’t like it sweet)
- Dill weed or paprika (optional, but I always use both!!!)
- Boil potatoes (do not peel) for about 40 minutes until potatoes are tender, but still firm (if you are using red potatoes do it for less time.. 15-20 minutes or so).
- Peel and dice potatoes AND 6 eggs. Add salt and pepper and toss. Mix remaining ingredients separately and fold into potato mixture.
- Slice remaining 2 eggs and layer on top of salad. Sprinkle top of salad with dill weed or paprika. Or do like I do and mix the paprika and dill weed into the salad for extra flavor. Then garnish with a little more for color.
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least 6-8 hours).